On Australian Gold Share Investments
... The Nerds have the Numbers
Is your gold stock good value compared to its peers?
We're crazy about information, and have transformed the way investors look at the gold and silver sector on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX). We save investors time when researching gold and silver companies, by providing sophisticated yet simple-to-use Microsoft Excel spreadsheets (Windows only) with up-to-date information and analysis of all the gold and silver companies on the ASX (see list below), currently about 210 companies, including miners, developers, and explorers.
All operations are by clicking buttons; you barely need to know how to use Excel to use a GoldNerds spreadsheet. You can sort and filter to see how companies compare across a large range of metrics.
Our spreadsheets come in two versions: standard, with market cap and resources information, and professional, with everything in the standard version plus financial information including enterprise value and our unique and powerful valuation indicator, total cost per ounce. Compare the professional and standard versions. Read about the investment factors we cover.
We're comprehensive: the professional version has 9,000+ cells, and there are 80,000+ words in comments about the companies. We're usually more up to date than the company websites. We don't just throw thousands of data points at you, we give you the power to manage the numbers.
Find companies that are undervalued or overpriced, compared to their peers, before other investors. This is invaluable information in judging a stock's prospects. Most subscribers find companies of interest they hadn't known about.
- All 200+ Australian companies - All the companies on the ASX whose value or focus is at least 50% in gold or silver.
- 20 - 40 columns of data - Share price and historic share prices (updateable over the web), number of shares, options*, cash, investments*, hedgebook*, liabilities*, other financial assets*, market cap, enterprise value (EV)*, net financial assets indicator*, minerals, percentage in gold, percentage in silver, reserves, resources, potential, mineable ounces (customizable), dollars-per-ounce for in-ground gold and silver, production, construction costs, cash costs, all-in sustaining costs (AISC), ongoing capital expenditure*, total cost of ownership (TCO)*, dividends*, margin lending LVR's*, dollars-per-production-ounce, sovereign risk, companies in the GDXJ and our estimate of the ETF's next rebalancing buy or sell*, and more.
- Spreadsheets by subscription - Buy a subscription for 6 or 12 months, which allows you to download the lastet spreadsheet whenever you want. Subscriptions are NOT automatically renewed (to renew, buy another subscription).
- Updated every two weeks - We check the public announcements of all the companies, update the spreadsheet, and email subscribers that the spreadsheet has been updated.
- Sort - Rank the companies by any factor, to see how they compare.
- Filter - Set filters on factors to rule out the companies you don't need to see.
- Company comments - Descriptions of the company, its projects, its capital raisings, important news, etc.
- Price updater - Fetches the latest share prices (20 minute delayed) for all shares in seconds.
- Customisable scores - You set the factors that matter to you, GoldNerds finds the companies that best fit. Finds companies you probably didn't know about.
- Options* - Listed in full with numbers, strike prices and dates, and recalculated (in-the-money or not?) with every share price update.
* Professional version only
Special Sale: Everyone's doing it tough in the gold sector at the moment. 12 month Professional subscription normally $449, now $299. 6 month Pro and 12 month Standard normally $279, now $169. 6 month Standard normally $169, now just $99.
Requires Microsoft Excel (Excel 2007 or later) running on Windows (XP SP3 or later). Does NOT work on Macs (Mac Office macros are not complete.)
Last updated: 20 July 2015
These are all the companies on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) whose value or focus is at least 50% gold or silver.
We're so sure we've got the whole sector that if you tell us about a company we haven't included (and which is not already in the research pipeline, as is typical for recent IPOs) we'll give you one month free professional subscription (if you are already a subscriber, we add it to the end of your current subscription).
Alphabetical by company name (not by ASX code):