On Australian Gold Investments
... The Nerds have the Numbers
Is your stock good value?
We're crazy about information and have transformed the way investors look at the Australian gold and silver sector. We provide Microsoft Excel spreadsheets (Windows only) with information and analysis of all the gold and silver stocks on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX), currently about 240 companies . You can sort and filter our data to see how companies compare.
We sell the standard version, with market cap and resources information, and the professional version, with everything in the standard version plus important financial information including Enterprise Value and our unique and powerful valuation indicator, Total Cost per oz (TCO).
We're comprehensive: the professional version has 9,000+ cells, and there are 80,000+ words in comments about the companies. We're usually more up to date than the company websites.
We don't just throw thousands of data points at you, we give you the power to manage the numbers. Find bargains, and find which stocks cost more than their peers, before other investors.
- All 230 Australian companies - All the companies on the ASX whose value or focus is at least 50% in gold or silver.
- 20 - 40 columns of data - Share price (updateable over the web), historic share prices, number of shares, options*, cash*, investments*, hedgebook*, liabilities*, other financial assets*, market cap, enterprise value (EV)*, net financial assets indicator*, minerals, percentage in gold, percentage in silver, reserves, resources, potential, mineable ounces (customizable), dollars-per-ounce for in-ground gold and silver, production, construction costs, cash costs, all-in sustaining costs (AISC), ongoing capital expenditure*, total cost of ownership (TCO)*, dividends*, margin lending LVR's*, dollars-per-production-ounce, country risk, and more.
- Spreadsheets by subscription- Buy a subscription for 6 or 12 months, which allows you to download the lastest spreadsheet whenever you want. Subscriptions are NOT automatically renewed. If you want another subscription you must renew manually (just buy another subscription).
- Updated every two weeks - We check the public announcements of all the companies, update the spreadsheet, and email subscribers that the spreadsheet has been updated.
- Sort - Rank the companies by any factor, to see how they compare.
- Filter - Set filters on factors to rule out the companies you don't need to see.
- Company comments - Short descriptions of the company, its projects and its capital raisings.
- Price updater - Fetches the latest share prices (20 minute delayed) for all shares in seconds.
- Customisable scores - You set the factors that matter to you, GoldNerds finds the companies that best fit.
- Options* - Listed in full with numbers, strike prices and dates, and recalculated (in-the-money or not?) with every share price update.
* Pro Version only
Requires Microsoft Excel (Excel 2007 or later) running on Windows (XP SP3 or later). To run GoldNerds on a Macintosh you need a virtual machine (such as VirtualBox, which is free) or Boot Camp, plus a Windows operating system and a Windows version of Excel or Office.
Last updated: 22 December 2014
These are all the companies (stocks) on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) that a gold or silver investor needs to consider. We're so sure we've got the whole sector, that if you tell us about one we haven't got (and is not already in the research pipeline, which is typical for recent IPOs), we'll give you one month free pro subscription. To be considered, a company's value or focus must be at least 50% in gold or silver.
Alphabetical by company name (not by ASX code):